Values and Virtues of the Lakota Oyate
1)Wacante Oganake, "To help, to share, to give, to be generous."
2) Wowaunsila, "Pity, Compassion."
3) Wowauonihan, "To Repect, to Honor."
4) Wowacintanka, "Patience and Tolerance."
5) Wowahwala, "To be Humble, To Seek Humility."
6) Woohitike, "To be Guided By Your Principles, Disciplined, Bravery and Courage."
7) Woksape, "Understanding and Wisdom."
Courtesy of Birgil Kills Straight, Elder, Medicine Root Districthttp://kalloch.org/lakota__four_values.htm
Personal stories of how Lakota Values and Virtues have touched the lives of HeartBridge members
From North Carolina, Nebraska, Colorado and South Dakota you will learn of the personal stories of many. They came to share, give in some small way, and returned home with much more--friendships, experiences, appreciation and respect for the Lakota Oyate --young and old they had the honor to know and friend.